No announcement yet.

"Beatrice"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, had a chance to post pics of the rear end install...

The frame connectors...

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Rear end and springs...

Some snap shots of the install and final stance. The perches and housing aren't welded yet, I need to find the correct pinion angle. Also, the rear brakes need to be finished. Just ran out of time, and had to go back to work...

More to come, questions, comments, creative criticism are always welcome.
    Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Nice work
      Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

Okay, its been a while, I have some parts ordered but I need to order more. Question; Any suggestions on the remote oil filter relocation kit for the 360? I ordered tti headers and I know I won't have room for the stock filter location. Just wonderin what others have used. I have been lookin on Jegs, Summit, ebay, etc. lots of possibilities. Thanks, Tony
        Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

what was your reasoning for using what looks like 1"x3" stock with it 3" wide, for your what I'm taking to be your frame connectors? I have always used 2"x2".
          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Its what I had available at the time. And it fit rather well.
            Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1073107_10152078294288642_290964021_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	242150
              A pic of the headers.
              Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

I would have turned the 1x3 edgeways for more vertical strength and let them go through the floor boards and then welded the sheet metal to them......

Comment

I think most guys just use this 90 degree adapter but you can get the ones with lines and mount where you want. Hope this helps not a small block guy mock up headers if you can to see what you are up against

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/oilfilad.html

Summit
                  http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...-size/5-9l-360

Oil filter relocation kits
                  http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...20filter%20kit

universal?? Think they have to be 3/4 16
                  http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...20filter%20kit

cooler kit type
                  http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/enoilcoki.html

Comment

Does anyone know for sure if a fiberglass 66 Baracuda hood will fit on a Valiant? I thought most of the sheet metal was interchangeable. Just wonderin since I can't find 66 specific for a Valiant, and my original is in such good shape I don't want to cut a hole in it. Thanks, t
                    Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

The 66 Barracuda was based off of the 66 Valiant....and looking at pics, it looks the same to me and since the Barracuda was built off of the Valiant I would say it's the same.

Comment

Thanks, thats what I was thinking too, but didn't want to order one and find out it wouldn't work.
                        Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Well, I did get the car running and hope to post some pics soon. It is slow. It has torque up the ass, but I couldn't get the RPM's over 5000. My buddies told me I should've taken it to the local plow days instead of the track. It is originally a truck engine and it could pull anything all day long. It ran better in the truck under load than when it was just haulin itself down the road. It's not breathing very good with the RV cam and 70's smog heads. I have already bought a Holley Strip Dominator Intake and Lunati Cam. I want to order a set of Edelbrock performer rpm heads, #60779, but I am getting conflicting info on if the accessory holes are machined on the ends of the heads. Anyone know? Thanks, t
                          Last edited by milkbone; 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM. Reason: spellin
                          Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Hey Milkbone, good to see ya back.
                            The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Thanks, with life, work, and everything in between, I been busy.
                              Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

You mean do the eddy heads have the holes same as stock ones? For like the alt, bracket?
                                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X