• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beatrice"

Beatrice, AKA Valaint Effort, 1966 Valiant

More pictures and story to come. Tony
    Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

more door projects. Gotta love 'em. I had one of these in blue. So bad of a car it was an awesome car. NEVER let me down.

Comment

I don't know of any cars in the mid 60's that were bad.....both of my 66 Belvederes were good to the bone!

Comment

Nice project. They were great cars.

Comment

The leaning tower of power, we almost got it running. but problems with the distributor... NEXT!!!
          Yep, the owners manual... Near Mint condition.

Just need a new rear window, I will probably go with Lexan.

Potential? The car! not me, I know I'm lost.

The certicard, Beatrice's namesake, in honor of the first owner.

Th Duster, Mission Possible, has been retired for now. This is the new drag car.
          Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Appropriate name........I'm not a fan of more doors but I'm leaving it squarely on your shoulders to convince me they are cool.......lol
            Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

It's ok to be lost, at least the birds nest isn't grey

Comment

Plans thus far;
                I'm going with a 904 Transmission. Since I am back at work, I'm making plans lookin for parts. So what are the weak points of this transmission, and what improvements can I make to hold up to drag racing? Extra clutches? Sprags? I am already planning to use a Fairbanks shift improver Kit, since I've had good luck with them in the turbo 350's. Just wasn't all that impressed with the TCI or B&Ms.

I'm thinkin of goin with a 5 gal fuel cell. Not sure what fuel pump yet since it will have a Carter AFB for the first few races, until I can get a good Holley, or shouldn't it matter with a good regulator. I'm lookin at an Aeromotive Street/Strip with -8AN. Then, should I use the 3'8" or the 1/2" (-6 or -8 AN) fuel line?
                Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

I have received the 8-3/4" rear end, and am in the process of rebuilding it. Should I go with the stock bearings or should I get one of the Green sealed bearing kits? Does anyone have any experience with these and how well do they work for Drag racing? More pictures and progress to come.
                  Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Used the Greens in a couple of drag cars...one ran high 10's. I like to pull the thrust pin out of the carrier when using them.

Comment

Thanks, I'm using a spool so no thrust pin to worry about.
                      Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Cranky is the man to ask on the rear ends for sure. Looking foward to some more pics.!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

What I did this weekend.

Before.

After.

the journey to get there.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

pain in the a--...

I win!

New whoaers.
                          Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Nice job on the UCA's and DB's!
                            The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Thanks Aspen, other than the a-arm cam bolts and bushings, it was a rather easy swap. Thanks to my daughter, brother-in-law, and nephew for their help.
                              Shiny. Lets be bad guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X