new vs old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new vs old

Alright guys,, ya'll know I'm an RB and HEMI builder so help me out here. I just got handed a running 75 318 2bbl motor fer nuttin. Wht are might detriments and downfalls combining it with the 79 motor in my big tire truck fer next year? I'm thinking just doing the machine shop stocker that I'm known for, shim the valve springs, cam it a little more than I already have (one of the factory hot rod cams that has been posted lately).

Remember all, this a use around the farm toy. Moving cattle from pasture to pasture or to the sale barn etc. Untill my 04 half ton 4X4 short bed hemi gets here somewhere around the end of April. After that, I MIGHT get into making the 79 a puller truck, then all the stops get pulled out, 318?, i think not, more like 580" and back into what I'm familiar with.:clapping: I just sold a 453" shoulda kept for exactly this reason.
    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

The motor's pretty much the same so building it up some would make good sense. Heads don't flow well so anything from a 360 milled or with different pistons would be better. What your doing with it and whether you'd rather give up low end or top end will guide the rest of it.
    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
      The motor's pretty much the same so building it up some would make good sense. Heads don't flow well so anything from a 360 milled or with different pistons would be better. What your doing with it and whether you'd rather give up low end or top end will guide the rest of it.
      thanks!
      Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
      "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
      I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

The pistons are way down in the hole so if you could get the compression up a bit or even mill the heads plus like 270se said get the heads flowing better with a little porting and maybe hog them out for bigger valves
        Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

I have a 67 teen and the pistons are up closer to the deck with valve reliefs and closed chambered heads. The valves and ports are pretty small tho. It's yours if you want it.

Comment

Working...
          X