No announcement yet.

Big Tire Truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you got a great deal. A friend hooked me up with some winter tires for the New Yorker, 10 bucks all 4 mounted and balanced that includes the price of the tires too! Gotta love having friends working discount tire

Comment

Hey man, what the hell is quial?

Comment

geez I'm sorry mr picky!

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
        Hey man, what the hell is quial?
        sorry quail, I have plenty and you ain't gettin any! so there! Wait, I'm sorry, has Texas even seen any quail in the last century? I never thought that you might not actually know what they are.:ROFLMAO:
        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Peterbuilt

pic of a Peterbuilt I restored for a guy in 1999.
          Last edited by hemisatellite; 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
            sorry quail, I have plenty and you ain't gettin any! so there! Wait, I'm sorry, has Texas even seen any quail in the last century? I never thought that you might not actually know what they are.:ROFLMAO:
            Got plenty of piiiiiigeon.....:angel:

Comment

Pigeon

we call them hayloft doves. use .22 caliber shotshell bullets to clear them outta the haylofts, (they don't blast holes thru the roof and siding if ya miss), 5 gallon buckets at a time. Want me to send ya a few?:ROFLMAO:

Comment

Update

The only update to report is no updates, therefore no new pics. Dramatic changes in the weather and it being outside on gravel says enuf I think. HOWEVER, hate me if ya wanna, providing the rain they forecast isn't as bad as they think for here tomorrow and wednesday, we're towing it over to a guy I know's repair shop and I farmed out to him installing the t-case, t-case shifter, and driveshafts, for $150. Then I'll tow it home and put it in the machine shed outta the wind and weather and finish up the headers and 4v intake, the MSD, dizzy, and all. Change the oil, top off the diffs, fill the t-case, radiator, and trans and hope I can terrorize my local area with it before Christmas. Sorry Padre, the cab lights might have to wait till spring. I might even get the tires balanced!

I know, I wimped out. I couldn't find anyone to help me on gravel and a 300# cast iron t-case no matter how much beer I offered! I even tried the local TEMP AGENCY OFFICE! IF they coulda found a taker (several turned the offer down they told me), even a temp was gonna cost me $15 an hour with a 4 hour minimum! I just didn't wanna wait on selling a few of my breeder bulls to be able to get it going before REAL BAD weather finally hit.

Also, I'm open to suggestions on where and how to mount the spare tire. In the bed, or scarf the factory tire hanger from under the 84 parts truck and hope to modify it to hold a 35X12.5 tire. Thanks all!

Comment

new truck

Due to my 04 Truck coming soon, the 79 big tire truck is for sale, in many different stages, and my 91 VERY FAITHFUL Dakota is too. I'm keepin the Ramcharger and the 04 Truck unless someone makes me a to die for offer on either.

The big tire truck can be had as is with 2" body lift, 35x12.5x15 tires likke new on Progressive 15x10 aluminum wheels, ($1500 right there alone), or also with all the parts bought for it but not yet installed, or all parts installed (cam, intake, carb, front and rear end gears, front lock out hubs, headers, and more), and be a gas mileage hog. but the cruise control DOES WORK and it has a FRESH no miles 727 trans in it. It has rusty rocker panels but the rest is MORE than solid for the age.

I have a feeling that the holley, edelbrock and flowtech headers as well as the MSD I have for the big tire truck are gonna end up on my Ramcharger.

Thanks all, Laterz, Curt.
                  Last edited by hemisatellite; 03-05-2012, 01:39 PM. Reason: fergettin sumpin

Comment

Working...
                  X