Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Satellite

My first Mopar restoration

Sweet! Be sure to have some Miller Lite, LOL!! So what are your plans?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Auto, 4-speed?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Hemi67, First buy fridge for the garage. We are building the car to drive and enjoy. We have 12 months of cruise weather here. The A/C is going in along with power disc brakes and fuel injection soon. The body has been shaved. The color of choice right now is Black. Hope to be finished by Dec. 1. We'll miss the Good Guys in Nov but it will definitely be done for the Good Guys spring show. More Pics to follow.

Comment

Nice car. Nice weather too. I need 12 months of cruise weather. It's cold and rainy here right now and Winter is quickly approaching.

Comment

Nice. I do not have the patience for bodywork. Looks very good. You will sure need the A/C with black paint down there!
          Shawn
          72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
          89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Cool beans!

Comment

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/...20Restoration/?

More pics of the restoration.

Comment

So its kinda unclear.....whats the story on the rear quarters?..............The pic in all black looks great
                  Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

So, you replaced the 1/4s? And how heavy is the Dynamat?

Comment

Nice job with the dynamat!

Comment

Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
                        So its kinda unclear.....whats the story on the rear quarters?..............The pic in all black looks great
                        The original 1/4's were really hacked up. They put the partial 1/4's you get from JC Whitney on and covered up the poor welding with about an inch of bondo. Since I want to paint it black it had to be fixed right. Yeah, I liked the black primer finish myself. However, the lady helping me pay for the restoration voted otherwise. I lost.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                        So, you replaced the 1/4s? And how heavy is the Dynamat?
                        Hey Cranky, I see you remember the pictures from last year that I sent. Replacing the 1/4's was a nobrainer, finding the 1/4's was a life changing experience. The Dynamat is maybe an 1/8th inch. I just put 1 layer, still have to do the trunk. It does make a difference.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                        Nice job with the dynamat!
                        Thanks Hemi67. Took 1 case of Miller Lite and a weekend. My knees stiil hurt!lol

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a nice car when you finish it. What size are you running?

Comment

New pics added, check photobucket link.

Comment

Looks good, must be close to ready for paint by the looks of the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X