X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick66
    started a topic Replacement parts

Replacement parts

Been off the grid for awhile, became a caregiver for my Mom. Ready to do some upgrades to my Satellite. Replace the power steering gear box. Add a power vacuum pump to power brake booster. What trans would you use to replzce the 727. What aluminum heads(383).Thanks for your help guys. Glad to be back.

• BK
    replied
    Passion Performance puts a 5-Speed Overdrive in a 833 case

Leave a comment:

• slick66
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the response Cranky. Long time since we talked. What is a Passion 5 Speed? I like BK's response. Modern is where I would really like to go but I didn't think the cost was justified. I now have a new direction to pursue. I'll keep this post updated on the transformation.

• slick66
    commented on 's reply
    I think a low mileage 5.9 with an 8 speed from a Durango R/T would be on the top of my wish list. If you think the money is close to the same as doing upgrades, I will pursue that option. Thanks. I just sold my 2000 Durango 5.9 R/T for 3 Grand STUPID!!. only had 90,000 miles and still very strong.

• Cranky
    replied
    I hear the waiting list for the Passion 5 speed is loooooong.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    I've got some lightly worked Edelbrock RPM heads on the 400 in my Magnum and real happy with them. Remember that you'll most likely be also replacing the Rockers, Lifters, and pushrods.

On your 727 -- you're limited. If you're looking for an overdrive -- you might go to adding a Gear Vendors. I plan to do that in my Magnum. If stick shift, the 833 with over drive is too lightweight for a strong big block. Passion Performance now make a 833 5-speed -- which I'll be getting for my 60 Plymouth Post (see rebuild channel) but they're very pricey.

If I were to spend the money you will be spending to change heads and transmission, I'd be going to modern. I intend to in the near future find a rearend wrecked Challenger/Charger/300 with a good 6.1/6.4 and 8-speed to put into car. I'm hoping to buy an Insurance total, pull the drivetrain and ECU -- and part the rest of the carcass to keep cost minimal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X