383ci. Magnum vs. 400ci.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 383ci. Magnum vs. 400ci.

Okay, enough said . We know what the differences are huge " wabos" , tiny " wabos ". Here's my question. Since you can not find 383s readily available but you can still find a 400 here and there. Then why can't you build a 400 up to the samething as a 383 magnum ? What would it take ? Parts wise that is.
    All throttle , no bottle .

you can put a cut down 440 crank in a 400 block and make a 451, with is a near perfect engine. An Eagle Stoker crank in a 400 block for a 499 ci
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

I'd like to do either a 444 , or 451. Hey ! Maybe I can scrounge up some parts around here. JHowever I'd like to try the 400 Magnum first.
      Last edited by Shorty Thompson; 02-13-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
        you can put a cut down 440 crank in a 400 block and make a 451, with is a near perfect engine. An Eagle Stoker crank in a 400 block for a 499 ci
        Read an article about doing this build. They said to cut the saddles. Said that was overall the best way to do the build. Comments ?

Comment

I've personally never been involved in having one built, but more a few engine builders have told me that it was an engine Mopar should have built, and it is the least expensive way to build a good race motor.
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Working...
          X