Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove wax from Flat Black Plastic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you remove wax from Flat Black Plastic?

I asked a knuckle head that use to work for me to wash and wax my Challenger SRT8, and the douche bag waxed the flat black plastic tail light sail panel and spoilers.

I've gone over it three tines with a quart of wax and grease remover - even using a 3M Scotchbite with the wax and grease remover, and nothing. Wax is still there. Any ideas?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I recently had my headlights polished and learned a bit about the process. I just needed the basic ($40) he taped off the entire area
    used a low speed polishing wheel the job came out perfect.Now he also told me he has dealt with headlight covers that were "sealed"
    and that creates a mess down the road he has to use a process a lot more labor intensive $$$ that removes the sealer and restores clarity.
    I found this guy on Craigslist his full time job is being a manager at Auto-Zone but he's had his side gig for 2-3 years he also said the easy polish kits ain't worth a damn.

Comment

It sounds you're talking about polishing headlight covers - I'm talking about flat black plastic that some idiot waxed and now have dried white wax ruining my mat black plastic.

Comment

On my Demon I bought new back in the day when I waxed the car some would get on the matte black stripes. I would put fresh wax on the stripes a small section at a time and immediately wipe it off before it had a chance to dry. That would take the wax off, but that was stripes, not paint. But I would try a small section and try it, worth a shot?
        The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
        ~Ted Nugent

Comment

I don't think that will work on this plastic, as it has a deep grain to it

Comment

In the past I have used a little WD40 and a stiff paint brush.Let the Wd sit a minute or so. I used a 1" flat trim brush.
            "You're only as old as the women you feel."
            -Groucho Marx
            Moparless for now

Comment

Originally posted by Unfettered View Post
              In the past I have used a little WD40 and a stiff paint brush.Let the Wd sit a minute or so. I used a 1" flat trim brush.
              I'll give that a shot

Comment

Working...
              X