Wipers Not Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers Not Parking

That big wiper bushing in the wiper linkage that goes into the wiper motor of my Magnum broke, and so I ordered that aftermarket bushing that you press in.

Since then, the wipers come down too far onto the windshield molding, and won't park all of the way down. I've change the motor twice, but no change. I Believe the bushing can only be pressed in one way, and the linkage installed one way.

Anyone else ever run into this before?

Each bid is for a set of new reproduction wiper link bushings, these are the parts needed to get your wipers working again. | eBay!
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

It has been WAY TOO LONG since I worked on these, and I now have CRS disease! But , all I know is, that virtually ALL of my Mopars had wiper problems, in one way or another, and the latest ones always had the "broken bushing syndrome"! There has been MUCH discussion here in the past about this, and maybe THIS will help: http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/for...ed-wiper-issue

Comment

Hey, BK: I found THIS thread that may explain the problem better, but WayneG doesn't seem to be around here anymore to help....perhaps you can contact him?? As I stated before, virtually ALL of my Mopars had wiper problems, back to 1972..........but the WORST were the R-bodies, same as Magum, Cordoba, etc.! Mopar had CRAPPY wipers, but I never even experimented with repairs involving a swap to an earlier vintage linkage, like early '70s.....they were great, and were easily repaired, not like the late '70s! (They were also sealed and packed in grease.....a VERY good idea!) LINK: http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/for...8-dodge-magnum

Comment

Thanks, I'll print and bring to shop

Comment

Even my 95 Dakota has crappy wipers. I've had several Dakotas and have no idea why this one is so hard on bushings. Everything seems to be in line and the stubs that the bushings fit on look ok.....

Comment

My mechanic friend was fixing two of my 78-79 Mopars with broken wiper transmissions. You can't get a replacement anywhere, and so someone repopped the plastic clamshell cam that you press in the linkage. The problem is that the wipers won't park and go down too far onto bottom trim when operating. Half of the clam shell is cammed wrong, when compared to the original blue ones pulled off the car. The dotted lines are where the original are cammed. He used that topmhalf of the original with the bottom half (that gets pressed into the linkage) to make work. Problem is that I'm missing that top half of the original for one car. If anyone has one from an old linkage they can let me have - I'd appreciate it. Sure also like to know the name and number of who repopped these to talk to them.

Comment

Working...
            X